The Scribble Pad

Random, self-promoting thoughts by author Roslyn Carrington, aka Simona Taylor

My Photo
Name:
Location: Trinidad & Tobago

I write literary novels under my real name, Roslyn Carrington, and wayyy too hot Arabesque romance novels under the pen name Simona Taylor. I live in Trinidad with my partner, Rawle, and our toddlers, Riley and Megan. Ah, the pleasures and pressures of being parents to those two! There’s also my full-time Public Relations job, the aquarium full of albino sharks, the dog, the garden, the obsession with cooking (the more fattening the dish, the better), the addiction to the comic art by the likes of Keith Knight and Aaron McGruder, and the chocolate compulsion. I fill whatever time I have left dreaming about romance and writing.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Wipeout!

Just as I expected: I've crashed and burned. When I fell asleep at my desk again yesterday, for the second day in a row, I knew I was in trouble. It just didn't make any sense, going at this pace and thinking I wouldn't collapse. Woke up this morning with a raging cold and a case of laryngitis. Sent the children off to day care, and have been in bed in a stupor all day. You know you're really sick when you can't even relax and enjoy a sick day.

And the rain! It's been raining steadily all week, so much so that the rivers have burst their banks, the roads are congested with traffic that has no way to go, and three adults and a 9 month old baby were killed by a tree brought down by the rain. How awful! It's grey and dark and miserable, and my backyard is under water. My electronic gate has been malfunctioning, so on Monday I had to get out of the car and walk through flood waters to open it manually. Hence the laryngitis, I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home