The Scribble Pad

Random, self-promoting thoughts by author Roslyn Carrington, aka Simona Taylor

My Photo
Name:
Location: Trinidad & Tobago

I write literary novels under my real name, Roslyn Carrington, and wayyy too hot Arabesque romance novels under the pen name Simona Taylor. I live in Trinidad with my partner, Rawle, and our toddlers, Riley and Megan. Ah, the pleasures and pressures of being parents to those two! There’s also my full-time Public Relations job, the aquarium full of albino sharks, the dog, the garden, the obsession with cooking (the more fattening the dish, the better), the addiction to the comic art by the likes of Keith Knight and Aaron McGruder, and the chocolate compulsion. I fill whatever time I have left dreaming about romance and writing.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Think positive

I am looking back at the last five posts or so, and I realise that all of them are of me complaining about how awful everything is. That's not me. It depresses me that for some reason i have started bitching and complaining about everything. But sometimes I feel so wiped out that it's a long long climb upwards toward normal.

Riley's doctor thinks that his bouts of coughing and gagging at night could be, at the very positive end of the spectrum, an allergy combined with an adenoid problem that can be treated with drugs and, failing that, surgery. On the other end, however, he is even entertaining the possibility of a bizzarre heriditary disease called neurofibromatosis, which nobody in my family has, or epi-freaking-lepsy. I know my son doesn't have epilepsy. I know he's going to be just fine. I'm going to have to go online and look up all I can about allergies. I've been feeding him chocolate milk or peanut punch every day for a month, because he doesn't eat and it's his only source of calories, and now it seems that I have been torturing him, since he's quite possibly allergic to milk. I feel a little guilty about that, like I've been slowly poisoning him.

Buyt in this post I'm going to think positive. He's going to be fine. And I'm going to find my energy back. Today, for work, i took 21 college students on a tour to the east coast, the farthest point on the island, to see the natural gas installations there. It's a three hour drive each way. Probably why i'm so exhausted that this post isn't making any sense. I'm going to quit while I'm ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home